thoughts on a new coffee bar and venue in downtown roseburg, oregon

Thursday, January 31, 2008

A Destination

A lot of what i see at cooltownspaces is a mix of indoor and outdoor. this is of course partly because many of these ideas are much greater than an individual store and encompass the community. but, even in the example of keywest, patios were a key element. In Oregon's climate, is there a viable way to incorporate the outdoors with patios, street markets, terraces on a year round or regular basis?


Ray

I like Cooltown a lot. There are some great pictures. I've only had a small chance to peruse some articles. I liked the one about sense of community linked below. I think we're on the same track. I'm glad you said less of "mall." I also see something outside the walls. I would like to think that most of what is needed in Roseburg is a unifying vision of what can be.

Jeff,
Less of a "mall" than a comfortable destination that will attract a vibrant crowd. I want to create
an energy with just the space. My vision expands beyond these walls and with bit of focus and
direction will move downtown Roseburg into the forefront of our community.
What do you think of the cooltown site?

Tons of ideas.

Questions for Dick and Ray

What is the base that you want? Does this look like a restaurant/coffee with room for "entertainment" ie art, short films, bands... or more a cool "mall" of artisans...?
Where do you want to go with this? How big does this get? Does it move beyond the four walls, and through what vehicle?

No comments: